Historic Weddleville Cemetery was established in 1892 by a grant of land from Nancy McHargue. Her husband, Fielding McHargue was the first to be interred there. The cemetery is still active.
Over 130 headstones mark the final resting place of early settlers and local residents. The graves include veterans of the Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam. The cemetery is listed in the Jackson County Cemetery Registry, and the Indiana State Cemetery Registry. It is also part of the Indiana Historic Sites and Structures Inventory for Jackson County.
The cemetery is still active and a limited number of plots are available. In recent years, renewed interest in the cemetery has revitalized the grounds. The Weddleville Cemetery Association recently installed a new black iron fence and a brick archway at the entrance to the cemetery.